Waste Services Unit Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Brimbank City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Waste Services Unit Manager
- Major Metropolitan Council
- Key Strategic & Operational Role
This Senior Executive Officer role will see you leading and managing an experienced team in the provision of waste collection services, including kerbside recycling, garbage, green waste collection services, Resource Recovery Centre, transfer station operations and waste disposal contracts, including Council’s involvement in regional contracts. You will also be required to develop and implement strategies and action plans to ensure continuous improvement of all services within the Unit.
Located at Council’s Operations Centre in Keilor Park, the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Leadership and management to provide direction and develop, motivate and support staff to deliver high quality services.
- The management of waste collection services.
- Contract management.
- Sound budget and financial management.
- The provision of high quality customer service.
- Occupational health and safety and risk management within an operational environment.
Council is seeking someone with either extensive demonstrated experience in managing the direct delivery of waste collection services, or a relevant tertiary qualification and several years demonstrated experience in waste collection services at a supervisory level.
The successful candidate will have access to an attractive remuneration package that includes the option for a Novated lease vehicle.
- Do you have a relevant tertiary qualification and several years experience working in municipal operations or extensive experience (10 years minimum) in the waste management area of municipal operations?
- Do you have experience in developing and measuring key performance indicators for quality service provision, and monitoring and evaluating service provision in the waste management area of municipal operations?
- Do you have demonstrated capacity to manage budgets, and meet the financial accountability requirements of funding bodies?
Closing date: April 26, 2018
- Closing Date:
- 28 Apr 2018
- VIC - Keilor Park
- $131K package (including super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time