- Band 7
- Permanent full time
- Leading local government employer
Our Corporate Communication and Marketing Department provides communication, marketing and media services to support the City and its elected mayor and council communicate and engage with their internal and external stakeholders.
This newly created position will provide expert communication, media and marketing advice and support to issue management teams formed to identify, assess and manage the potential reputational risks of significant City operational matters. It also works as a member of the City's communication and media team and performs a range of general communication and media work.
This new position presents an exciting opportunity for a highly disciplined marketing, media or PR professional with the capacity to develop further skills in issue management and the desire and commitment to help build and maintain the City's reputation in the region.
- Experience managing high profile issues within a complex and politically sensitive environment.
- Achievement and practical experience in a range of issue management, marketing and communications disciplines.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to successfully negotiate, influence and resolve complex issues.
- Proven interpersonal skills with experience in dealing effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Analytical skills with the capacity to consider any legal, social, economic and/or political ramifications relating to the City's marketing, communication or media activities.
- Project management skills as applied to communication, media, marketing or PR.
- Well organised and meticulous, with the ability to produce high quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City of Greater Geelong provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, including flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and training and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to the community.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 21 July 2017
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.