About the Leisure & Recreation Services Department
This department is part of our Community Life Division, and aims to help people thrive and connect through active and healthy lifestyle. This department provides a great range of indoor and outdoor leisure and aquatic centres, golf courses, stadiums, and halls for the community.
About the role
To develop, manage and implement successful sales and marketing programs and projects for the Swim Sport & Leisure (SSL) brand.
To provide direction to staff in areas including marketing, digital marketing, promotions, sales, communication strategies and customer service.
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Develop and implement strategic and innovative sales and marketing strategies for the SSL brand.
- Manage and evaluate marketing and promotional activities being undertaken by the SSL brand. This includes advertising, merchandising, digital, social media, print, web, signage and promotional campaigns.
- Support Leisure and Recreation Services management with tasks relating to marketing, digital and social marketing, promotions, sales and communications activities.
- Management and governance of the SSL brand.
- Manage relationships with internal and external clients in relation to advertising, marketing, sales, digital, social media, sponsorship, public relations and promotional activities.
- Manage the development, creative and print production of SSL marketing.
- Develop marketing, sales and promotional plans, budgets and reports for the department.
Key selection criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing/Business and several years’ experience in marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate marketing projects.
- Ability to develop new marketing processes and procedures.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in brand management.
- An understanding of and experience with qualitative and quantitative research.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location - all only 1 hour from Melbourne. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and many varied learning and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to our community.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
Enquiries: Malcolm Kuhn | 03 5272 4338 | MKuhn@geelongcity.vic.gov.au
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 2 November 2018.