- Work with one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $86K to $93K + Super (Pro rata)
- Part Time Position (.80 EFT)
- Job Ref: 17812
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an accomplished Community Wellbeing Officer who can focus Council’s vision to ensure “people’s health and wellbeing is at the centre of all planning and decision making”.
Key aspects of this role include monitoring and evaluation of the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2017-20, facilitating collaborative actions across Council units, and supporting community partnerships.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Experience and expertise in public policy and/or social planning to meet the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders
- A strong understanding and interest in public policy on health and wellbeing issues
- Experience in policy development, project management and program evaluation
- Strong stakeholder engagement and ability to build and maintain exceptional relationships
- Local Government experience is desirable
- Current Drivers Licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Bernadette Hetherington on 9240 2463.
Applications close: 5pm, 18 March 2019
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.