- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Full time permanent role
- Lead a newly created team
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This newly created role will sit in the newly formed Strategy and Research Unit to develop and promote an evidence based approach to the long-term planning of services, infrastructure, plans and strategies.
We are seeking an experienced leader who is future focused and collaborative, with a track record of delivering results. You will be a key player in leading and developing the organisation’s capacity to integrate data generated by research and analysis to drive service planning, population planning and strategy development. You will be politically astute and demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships that support the development of external facing Core Strategies that drive Council’s business and align the Council Plan and the Community Vision.
- Deliver high quality insights on forecasts, trends and challenges that inform external facing strategy and services in the areas of population change, social, economic, environmental, and urban trends
- Build the organisation’s capacity to interpret and use data in priority setting, service planning, population planning and strategy development
- Build the organisation’s capacity in strategy and action plan development
- Deliver cross-organisational Community Infrastructure planning
- Deliver Council’s Affordable Housing objectives
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Degree level qualifications in Public Policy, Social Science, Research or a related discipline.
- Leadership experience in a public sector or commercial environment or substantial experience in a public sector or commercial environment at a senior level.
- Experience operating within a complex political and social environment.
- Experience providing leadership across an organisation to build capacity in strategy development based on research and evidence. Ability to build connections with State and Federal departments and agencies, other peak bodies and commercial organisations.
- Experience in building intra-organisational and external relationships.
- Experience providing leadership to build capacity across an organisation to support an evidence-based approach to service and facilities planning.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Supportive and experienced management team
For further information please contact Narelle Jennings on 9240 1243
Applications close: 5pm, 9 November 2019
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.