- $73K - $83K+ Super
- Full time permanent role with fortnightly RDO
- Rewarding career with great benefits
- Ref no: 18160
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Based in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
The City Development Branch has an opportunity for a motivated Assistant Building Surveyor to join our professional team in the Council’s Building Services Unit.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Exposure to a variety of building enforcement experiences for continued professional growth and interest;
- Assist Council’s Building Services Unit implement Council’s statutory functions, building permit programs and compliance programs
- Ensure the buildings are compliant with the relevant Acts, Regulations, Codes, and Council Local Laws.
The successful candidate must have a strong customer focus, sound investigation skills and knowledge of building legislation. Applicants will also need to have the capacity to work with limited supervision to understand and interpret plans, specifications and other documentation for the purposes of assessing whether building work is carried out in accordance with the documentation and Building Act, Regulations and Building Codes.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE
- A tertiary qualification or the equivalent in Building Surveying
- Ability to understand and interpret plans, specifications and other documentation for the purposes of assessing whether building work is carried out in accordance with the documentation and Building Act, Regulations and Building Codes.
- High level written communication skills are required to prepare correspondence, Council and management reports and industry submissions, on behalf of Council
- A current driver’s licence is required.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
For further information please contact Marija Muhvic on 9240 1268.
Applications close: 5pm, 21 February 2020
For further information or to obtain a position description, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.