- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Band 7 - $100K to $112K+ Super
- Permanent full-time position
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Civil Engineer who enjoys working with a dynamic team to deliver civil infrastructure capital works projects and manage a team of maintenance Works Officers.
Key aspects of this role include the delivery of various capital work projects such as asphalt footpaths and road resheeting as well as supervising staff to ensure maintenance and capital programs are delivered to a high standard. In this role you must be committed to providing a high standard of customer service, complying with OHS requirements and be able to demonstrate your reliability and ability to work as part of a team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve required programs and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to improve programs and reporting.
- Extensive experience in the road maintenance and construction Industry.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff and set training programs.
- Ability to read and interpret drainage and construction plans.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise multiple projects whilst consistently meeting agreed deadlines.
- Extensive experience in the supervision of contractors.
- Valid Driver Licence.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact David Santha on 9240 1111.
Applications close: 5pm, 20 August 2020 (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.