- Salary: $73K - $83K + Super
- Monthly RDO
- 12 Month Maternity leave cover
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly organised, experienced administrator with a 'can do' attitude to coordinate Council's audit and quality assurance activities. You will be responsible for administering Council's Internal Audit function, including the Audit and Risk Committee, and support the establishment of quality system principles. You will also undertake auditing activities to provide assurance on internal controls and commitment to audit outcomes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
You will have experience as an administrator and an understanding of quality assurance principles, internal audit and a committee environment. You will demonstrate initiative, strong customer focus and the ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- An understanding of Quality Assurance principles and typical procedures
- An understanding of Internal Audit and a committee environment
- Demonstrated experience and ability to administer a complex program of delivery with multiple stakeholders
- Initiative, independence and ability to work in a team
- A high level of organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks and priority setting skills
- Computer skills with knowledge of IT applications and packages including Microsoft Office
For further information please contact Sophie Barison – Unit Manager Integrity Risk and Resilience on 0429 291 061
Applications close: 11.30pm, Sunday 18th October. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.