Library Technician - Inter-Library Loans - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Library Technician - Inter-Library Loans
- Salary - $69K - $73K per annum (pro-rata) + Super
- Includes evenings and weekends
- Job share
- Fixed Term, Part-time position until 30 August 2021
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland Libraries are about more than just books. Our libraries are vibrant neighbourhood hubs offering social interaction, cultural interactions and learning opportunities. We are seeking a Library Technician who is passionate about providing high quality customer service to our diverse community.
In performing this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide high quality customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Process incoming and outgoing inter-library loans. Assist with collection maintenance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent teamwork, supervisory and communication skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to assist with technology enquiries
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
- Diploma of Library and Information Services (Library Technician) or equivalent experience
- Fluency in a community language is desirable
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Opportunities for training and career development
For further information please contact Justin Edwards on 8311 4102.
Applications close: 14th March 2021.
In the event of high volume of interest in this role, we may close the advertisement before suggested close date.
Please ensure you have read the Positions Description Click Here before submitting an application. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Mar 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $69K - $73K per annum (pro-rata) + Super
- Work Type:
- Part Time
- Culture/Arts/Library Services