Remuneration: $1148.08 per week plus 13% superannuation.
Closing Date: Sunday 23 September 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position, which will rotate amongst various Gympie Regional Council Treatment Plants, will assist the Senior Operator with the operation and maintenance of Council's Water and/or Sewerage Treatment Plants ensuring that operations contribute to the highest quality of service to our customers, including compliance with Regulators.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking a qualified and experienced Treatment Plant Operator who is self motivated and willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. With the flexibility to rotate between treatment plants across the region, we need someone who is responsive and technically minded with an ability to problem-solve. The candidate who has treatment operation experience, diagnostic skills and mechanical ability, including knowledge of the operation and maintenance of pumps will do well in this role.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Certificate III in Water and Waste Water Operations.
- Relevant experience in the operation and maintenance of a water and/or sewerage treatment plant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe chemical handling and storage.
- Demonstrated computer operation skills including reporting and field date capture.
- Knowledge of SCADA and telemetry systems.
- A knowledge of quality assurance and maintenance management systems.
- An understanding of water and waste water reticulation and collection systems.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager - Operations and Maintenance, Michael Doherty on 0429 728444 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org