Senior Natural Resource Management Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Darebin City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Permanent, Full Time Position (35 hours per week + fortnightly RDO)
- Salary circa $74k p.a. + super
- Flexible work opportunities including job share, flexible hours, part time, work from home
About Darebin City Council
Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
About the Role
The Senior Natural Resource Management Officer provides leadership and support to deliver on Darebin Councils commitment to the protection and enhancement of biodiversity values and natural assets across the municipality. This position will be a key conduit between the Council Plan and operational delivery of bushland services by providing fast and effective responses to customer requests.
- Contribute to the protection, maintenance, monitoring and enhancement of Darebin's creek corridors and conservation reserves
- Provide leadership and supervision to a diverse team whilst helping to foster a safe workplace culture
- Assist in the delivery of key conservation projects
- Contribute to improving processes and education relating to conservation within Darebin
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in natural resource management (or related discipline) and relevant industry experience
- Chemical Users Certificate and Chainsaw level 1: Operate and Maintain
- Understanding of indigenous flora, fauna and weed species relevant to Darebin and ecological management processes
- Experience in the use of machinery, tools and equipment applicable to Natural Resource Management
Experience leading diverse teams and supervising staff is desirable but not essential.
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices including working from home options, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
Darebin values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your application including a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter.
Contact Michelle Perry, Natural Resource Management Team Leader on 0419 750 533 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Wednesday 22 September 2021 at 11.30pm.
The Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
To work at Darebin City Council, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and comply with Child Safety standards. All employees are required to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check and may be required to complete a Functional Health Assessment
- Closing Date:
- 16 Sep 2021
- VIC - Reservoir
- Salary circa $74k p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Natural Resource Management
Parks and Public Space