- An exciting and challenging opportunity to lead and manage City of Darwin’s Civil Infrastructure team.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of City of Darwin’s Civil programs including road, footpath, traffic, transport, cycling and stormwater related assets.
City of Darwin invests millions of dollars each year to create a more connected, accessible, safer, healthier, and sustainable community through the delivery of projects and capital works.
The Senior Coordinator Civil Infrastructure manages a diverse team of Project, Road & Drainage and Concrete professionals to deliver Civil infrastructure maintenance and programs. This role will devise and implement operational, maintenance and resource plans to manage risk, achieve sustainable service levels and ensure programs are completed in accordance with the strategic direction, municipal planning and budget requirements to ensure organisational effectiveness and compliance.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Operations this position will oversee, coordinate, plan, and deliver on the Civil Infrastructure team’s operational requirements to ensure timely and professional delivery of services in accordance with Municipal and Business plans.
This role will work collaboratively with Contractors and oversee the development, administration, management, and review of contracts / contractors relevant to the Civil Infrastructure Team’s works and ensure compliance and specifications.
At City of Darwin, we celebrate diversity, support one another, respect and value our community. Building and nurturing meaningful relationships and enjoying a strong sense of camaraderie across our organisation and community.
We’re looking for someone who can manage a large and diverse team, is a good communicator and has sound project management experience.
You are a motivated, forward thinker dedicated to driving improvements and value for the organisation's money.
You have the strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the fields of roads, Drainage, Concrete, Stormwater, Earthworks and other major structures.
You have significant management experience and strong leadership skills gained within a multi-disciplinary function, including developing and motivating staff, providing expert advice, establishing and monitoring outcomes, and establishing procedures.
You have project management skills and demonstrated experience in implementing quality assurance and project management methodologies, with the ability to develop, coordinate and manage capital works resources effectively to achieve work goals and meet deadlines and commitments.
What can City of Darwin offer you?
Working for City of Darwin is both challenging and rewarding. You will enjoy:
- working within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance;
- a friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded;
- six weeks paid annual leave per year plus other generous leave options
- a competitive remuneration(well above award rate) plus up to 9.5% employer superannuation contribution and options to salary sacrifice;
- opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression;
If you are interested in this position, please apply via https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/