- Are you looking to take the next step in your career and make an impact on the community you live in?
- This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your project management and planning skills
- We encourage flexible working hours so that you can shape your work life balance
About the role
Working alongside Engineers and Asset Strategists, you will take water and sewer strategies and initiatives and develop them to be fully considered and costed concept design that will allow for efficient and effective detail design and delivered by others.
This role will have you identify pragmatic, cost effective solutions from a whole of life perspective, balance stakeholder objectives and expectations, minimise environmental harm, complement other Council-owned assets, services and objectives and maximise safe outcomes throughout the asset lifecycle.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Applying contemporary principles of universal design in the water and wastewater space.
- Identify and resolve environmental, planning, stakeholder, geotechnical, services clash, climate change risks, land acquisition, native title, cultural heritage and general engineering issues at concept stage
- Update capital, operating and maintenance costs for the entire lifecycle of the asset for inclusion in long term financial management plans and asset management plans.
- Maintain currency around Council visions, objectives, strategies, policies and standards to ensure concept designs are contemporary and aligned
- Identify potential projects for grant programs and assist with the development of grant applications and other funding submissions
If you have extensive knowledge and experience in the infrastructure management of water and sewer programmes, superior project management skills and a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for an innovative, driven individual who can think outside the box and wants to provide long term asset solutions to meet the community's needs. Your high level of interpersonal and communication skills and your ability to manage competing priorities will prove essential to your success in this role.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Coffs Harbour City Council is a leader in Local Government, committed to the pursuit of excellence for our community. This means that we strive to deliver excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do. We support our people to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally whilst being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- This is a permanent 35 hour a week role, offering a stable career choice and the ability to structure your work life balance
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Scope for performance based salary increases.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a kay role in shaping the community you live in.
Starting package from $100,300 + Super + 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance
All other conditions of employment will be in accordance with Council's Enterprise Agreement and the NSW Local Government (State) Awards.
Please note: a talent pool may be created from this campaign for both permanent and temporary positions in the future.
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background
To apply for this job go to: https://coffsharbour.recruitmenthub.com.au/PositionsVacant & enter ref code: 6031373.
Applications close 07 Aug 2022