Based in the North West suburbs, this local government authority are looking to engage an experienced Grants Officer / Community Funding Officer to ensure the community grants program is implemented effectively throughout the council. This busy role will require you to juggle multiple tasks whilst being creative and innovative, so proven experience is essential.
As a Grants Officer your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all stages of community grants programs
- Processing grant applications
- Deliver community engagement activities
- Promoting the council’s community funding programs through press releases or website advertisements
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a qualification in community development or extensive experience in a similar field
- Have full understanding and knowledge of the principles and processes of community funding and an appreciation of community capacity building
- Have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work to strict deadlines while maintaining accuracy and resourcefulness
- You will be confident in dealing with key stakeholders in the wider organisation to establish their needs
- Experience working with government or the not-for-profit sector will be highly advantageous
If this role sounds of interest to you, please APPLY today by submitting your resume.