Hydrologist/Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Salary package (negotiable depending on qualifications and experience)
- Ongoing full-time opportunity
- Located in Canberra, Belconnen area
- Salary $70,000 - $110,000 (depending on qualifications and experience) plus super
We are seeking a specialist hydrology and water system modeller to work in our team to undertake an expanding portfolio of project applications, user training and support across Australia. Duties may include project applications, design and delivery of training courses, development of specifications for software modification, testing of software and models, and preparation of user manuals, scientific papers and reports. The successful incumbent will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, and be prepared to undertake short-term international assignments (subject to covid-safe conditions). There may be opportunities for secondment to Australian government agencies. Direct experience in the building and running of Australian-based water entitlements and allocation planning or operational models, while not mandatory would be a significant advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. civil engineering, environmental engineering , hydrology). Graduates from other fields with relevant modelling expertise will also be considered;
- 3 to 10 years’ experience in:
- hydraulic modelling, hydrology assessments, hydraulic analysis - preferably related to river engineering; or
- Catchment Process modelling including catchment sediment and nutrient generation and transport; or
- Optimisation (NETLP and/or Genetic Algorithms) of Water Resources systems.
- Or a higher degree in a hydrological or water management field
- GIS skills will be highly regarded
- An ability to work constructively with colleagues and stakeholders from a range of disciplines and backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
eWater is a public not-for-profit company owned by Australia’s State, Territory and Federal governments, promoting ecologically and economically sustainable water management. Our mission is to build, support and apply water management and eco-hydrological modelling capability across Australia and internationally. We do this through training, applying and undertaking research and development of eWater's fully integrated water resources modelling system – eWater Source - and its many supporting utility models in the eWater Toolkit (http://www.toolkit.net.au/) including MUSIC and Urban Developer.
eWater is based in Canberra, with a dedicated team of water scientists, engineers, software developers and supporting staff. eWater is committed to being an employer of choice, creating a dynamic, open and innovative work-place.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 16 Apr 2021
- ACT - Belconnen
- $70,000-$110,000 + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time