Senior Youth Support Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Wyndham City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Youth Support Officer
Temporary Full Time
Duration: Until 30 November 2019
$84,231 (pro rata) pa plus superannuation
This is an exciting opportunity for employees to join the Youth Services Unit and to develop your entry level leadership skills. As one of the largest employers in the West, we offer real opportunity for your career and ongoing professional development with a generous study assistance policy, caring, friendly and supportive teams and leaders who want the best for you and us.
Reporting to the Area Leader Youth Support and Development, this diverse position will be involved in a number of tasks, programs and projects as well as supporting students and volunteers.
To be successful in this role you will possess good written and verbal communication skills, strong project management skills, have the ability to motivate and inspire staff coupled with a strong knowledge and understanding of Youth Work and community
The role is responsible for:
- Provide support and advice to Youth Development Officers to undertake the provision of youth programs
- Implement, facilitate and evaluate youth programs, projects
- Coordinate and provide support for students and volunteers
- Develop collaborative partnerships and networks with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement youth projects/programs and respond to emerging needs and issues
- Engaging with young people, community leaders, government and Council officers to ensure that policies and strategies are reflective of the needs of young people within a
- Prepare and at times lead the development of Council reports, project briefs , funding applications and project reports
You will require a current Working with Children Check and undertake a Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
To be considered for this role, applicants must clearly address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the online questionnaire.
A job-share arrangement may be considered and pro rata entitlements would apply.
You do not want to miss this opportunity to join Victoria’s fastest growing municipality so apply today.
For further enquiries please contact: Kate Mastroianni on 8734 1355
Applications close: Friday 15th June 2018
Only people with the relevant right to work in Australia may apply.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Jun 2018
- VIC - Werribee
- $84,231 (pro rata) pa plus superannuation
- Work Type: