Team Leader Bushland and Wetland Maintenance - [Archived Advertisement]
Blacktown City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
TEAM LEADER BUSHLAND AND WETLAND MAINTENANCE
Job No: BC979
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City Council provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities. At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Want variety in your workday and to work within the large and diverse natural areas of Blacktown? If you answer ‘yes’, we want you to apply.
We want a highly motivated, appropriately experienced and qualified bush regeneration to be a Team Leader within the Natural Areas Team. Council has a rapidly expanding Natural Areas portfolio with numerous natural assets to maintain. Opportunities exist for the right people to help shape the future of Council’s Natural Areas network.
- Permanent full time position
- Focus on bushland and constructed wetland restoration.
Qualifications & Experience
- Formal qualifications in Bushland Maintenance or related area. Alternatively, extensive experience in these areas of operations
- Experience in the maintenance of wetland areas
- Class MR Driver’s Licence
- Staff Supervision Experience
- Extensive experience in maintenance of Open Space bushland areas.
- Chainsaw operation certificate of competence
- Chemical application accreditation
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- RTA approved Traffic Controller Accreditation.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A competitive salary range of $1,087.30 - $1,217.80 per week (Grade 7) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 76 hour working fortnight
- Rostered day off (RDO) every fortnight
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 3 August 2018
Contact Officer: Carolyn Adamcewicz on 9839 6813
INTERNAL REF: BCC1090
- Closing Date:
- 03 Aug 2018
- NSW - Blacktown
- $1,087.30 - $1,217.80 per week
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Natural Resource Management
Parks and Public Space