$87,916 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Full Time , to 31 December 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
The Position… The Strategic Planner is a key role in the heritage team, working collaboratively across the organisation to champion heritage in the municipality.
The role will manage a range of medium size projects including heritage reviews and strategic projects, therefore your project management skills are essential.
We are seeking an individual who has strong experience with stakeholder engagement as this is a critical component of the role, as is an innovative and forward looking approach to urban planning and heritage.
The role report into the Team Leader Heritage and forms part of a team of three.
If this sounds like a role you have been waiting for, APPLY NOW!
You will have…
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Relevant tertiary qualification and experience in the area of strategic urban planning or a closely related field such as architecture or urban design. Qualifications in heritage will be favourably considered
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the development of planning schemes with preference for the Victorian system
- Demonstrated project management skills in planning and resource management and ensuring delivery of agreed outcomes within budget and agreed timeframes
- Demonstrated experience in developing creative and innovative solutions to complex problems including the ability to conceptualise future opportunities and to develop and assess various scenarios and alternative policy outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary heritage policy and practice, urban planning principles and processes and an understanding of the range of issues impinging upon capital city planning.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit our website and view under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please visit our website https://melbourne.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=uTMWI/5oxMU=&jbc=ere
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will have…’
Please address your covering letter to Tanya Wolkenberg, Team Leader Heritage.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The advertised closing date and important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply.