Starting from $166,050 Total Employment Package
Senior Officer Contract Up to 3 years
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Facilities Management and Stakeholder Relations Manager has overall responsibility, leadership and strategic direction for the delivery of the facilities management and accommodation services for the organisation. The role is responsible for ensuring contractor and stakeholder compliance in relation to all facilities related contracts for the Council. The position will guarantee stakeholders within Council’s buildings and facilities are engaged and consulted in the functional operation and upkeep of their space.
This position leads the maintenance and accommodation teams and is responsible for advising and developing strategies to optimise building use and functionality.
The Facilities Management and Stakeholder Relations Manager works under the broad guidance of the Branch Manager, Parks, Property & Waterways. The position requires the ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy. The role strives for a single-point customer focused outcome with significant ongoing engagement with allied internal services such as Security, Emergency Management, etc. There is frequent requirement to liaise with all levels of Council and stakeholders ensuring corporate objectives are met whilst managing expectations and negotiating suitable outcomes.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Highly developed and commercial contract management skills and experience generally with preference for similar size and complexity of organisation in a related discipline
- Tertiary qualification in related discipline such as Law, Commerce, Property or Facility Management or Engineering
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, together with the ability to liaise, consult and negotiate effectively
- General management skills and experience covering management of small to medium teams, risk, safety, quality and continuous improvement
- Highly developed commercial acumen and contract negotiation experience
- Financial, conceptual and analytical ability
- Technical expertise and/or previous senior facilities management experience with exposure to asset management principles
- A commitment to high work standards and results oriented focus
- Proven track record leading highly effective teams
To view the physical requirements and position description of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- attach a separate document responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Greg Stevens, Manager Parks, Property and Waterways
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.