Director City Communities - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Melbourne Recruitment team (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Officer Contract up to three years
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be a key member of the Executive Leadership Team working together to deliver the Council Plan. The City of Melbourne is committed to proactively preparing our City for the future, to respond to challenges, to realise future opportunities, and to meet the changing needs and expectations of our community.
You will play a critical role in leading City of Melbourne’s cultural values of inclusion and creativity, and will be accountable for five business areas which include Arts Melbourne, Social Investment, Health and Wellbeing, Libraries and Recreation, and Community Services.
To be successful in this senior executive position, you will bring your proven track record as an exceptional and disciplined people leader who is committed to making a difference for our community. As an established leader you will bring your high emotional intelligence to this role, to collaboratively drive delivery of service excellence and reform, where you will champion City of Melbourne’s iCARE values.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a high performing and influential executive with experience in driving and delivering on the City of Melbourne’s vision. As a leader you will demonstrate strong aptitude to build and manage effective and productive stakeholder relationships within a highly political and complex environment.
This position is offered under a Senior Officer Contract up to three years.
To be successful, you can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne iCARE values – integrity, courage, accountability, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Significant experience and proven achievement in developing, operationalising and embedding strategy both internally and external facing within a complex, public sector organisation
- Ability to drive innovation and digitally disruptive technology to build connections with our community and within the organisation
- Extensive experience in policy development and deployment, and evaluation
- A record of achievement in people management and leadership in a dynamic environment, and creating an environment focussed on staff engagement, delivery, discipline, accountability and decision making
- Excellent problem solving abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to think strategically and conceptually to identify obstacles, consider multiple perspectives and distil complex information to create viable options that address the organisation’s current and future requirements
- Proven capacity to manage and cultivate productive working relationships with high profile and diverse stakeholders including State Government, public and private sector business associates, suppliers, partners, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Proven ability to formulate strategic direction and deliver operational and business outcomes supporting the operating environment and consistent with the strategic direction of the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and maintain clear plans, deliverables and associated budgetary and financial management requirements and ensure those plans are met.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit our Careers website and see under Position Information.
How to apply…
On our Careers website, as part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than two pages)
Please address your covering letter to Claire Ferres Miles, Interim CEO
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Jan 2019
- VIC - Melbourne
- Senior Officer Contract
- Work Type:
- Full Time