$106,988 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a bold place to be extraordinary.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community by being bold, innovative and sustainable. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Do work that matters. Make the difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting directly to the Team Leader City Planning, you will lead and contribute to design-led structure plans, producing aspirational and deliverable visions to achieve holistic and well-designed outcomes across the municipality.
You will provide specialist planning and design expertise to the teams working across the City of Melbourne, particularly in areas of growth and renewal including Fishermans Bend and Arden Macaulay.
The position requires strategic and creative thinking and an ability to negotiate and collaborate with partners and stakeholders to inform strategies, masterplans, structure plans, planning policy and projects that shape the city.
As a senior member of the team and the urban strategy branch, you will take a lead role in ensuring the branch delivers high quality places and outcomes for people, working closely across City of Melbourne and with key external agencies.
We are ideally seeking an enthusiastic team player with strong and effective communication and influencing skills to achieve successful outcomes for our stakeholders.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A tertiary qualification in a built environment profession, and either professional qualifications or extensive experience in urban design, master planning, or strategic planning within an urban renewal context.
- Strong and demonstrated experience in enabling high quality outcomes through both the planning scheme and design process, ensuring design visions are translated into policy to achieve great outcomes in areas undergoing change.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and strategic thinking capabilities with experience in developing creative and innovative solutions to complex problems and critically assess policy alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan and manage and communicate complex projects and tasks, and to implement projects on time and to budget.
- International and/or national experience of urban renewal and the ability to contextualise and share knowledge to the Victorian context.
- Understanding of development economics.
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please visit email@example.com
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than three pages), responding to the selection criteria, as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Kate Weatherley, Team Leader Development and Infrastructure Contributions
For further information on the role and to apply please visit www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers/ and refer to reference no. 17301.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm, Wednesday 19 August 2020
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.