Join City of Melbourne Libraries in this exciting opportunity, providing support and advice to patrons with multiple and complex needs
$89,674 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Working across the six branches that constitute City of Melbourne Libraries, the Library Social Worker supports library staff in understanding and responding to homelessness and working with people who have multiple and complex needs.
This frontline role contributes to the City of Melbourne’s commitment to provide a welcoming and safe library service, and is responsible for maintaining a number of stakeholder relationships across the City of Melbourne and with key external stakeholders, including community service providers (homelessness, mental health, drug and alcohol, children’s services, domestic violence services), police, hospital services and Victorian and Australian government partners.
This exciting role sees the City of Melbourne embark on a new way of welcoming and supporting library patrons. The role requires frontline social work experience, strong collaborative capabilities and the ability to establish systems and processes that will ensure ongoing success.
Please be advised as part of your application you will need to submit certified copies of your qualification as listed below.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Bachelor of Social Work recognised by AASW or qualifications such as Behavioural Science, Counselling, Psychology, Family Therapy, Community Social Service and relevant work experience.
- Experience in working with people with complex needs, with specialist knowledge in homelessness, mental health and/or drug and alcohol responses.
- Program administrative skills including facilitating, monitoring and improving programs.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to build networks and collaboratively problem solve.
- Demonstrable presentation, training and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of public libraries is desirable.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply for the position through the City of Melbourne Careers Page, via the link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Kathryn Donkin, Library Branch and Operations Team Leader.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 31 January 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.