Bring your fashion event management skills and play a pivotal role in delivering Melbourne Fashion Week
89,674 plus 9.5% Superannuation
Maximum Term Contract to 16 August 2021
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Senior Event Coordinator is part of the Premier Event team that delivers a number of events and programs for Council such as Melbourne Music Week, New Year’s Eve, Moomba, Melbourne Fashion Week and Knowledge Week, plus a number of Melbourne Celebrations events. The Senior Event Coordinator will have the opportunity to work on two or more events during the course of a year.
Within this role you will be primarily responsible for providing high level event coordination and delivery for Melbourne Fashion Week's major runways and events as well as components of other events across the Tourism and Events Branch. This involves assisting with event programming, operations, production, event delivery, financial monitoring, stakeholder engagement, Council liaison and provision of input into marketing and commercial plans.
Our ideal candidate will have strong experience in developing and producing large-scale public programs or events, a sound understanding and experience in fashion runway event production and delivery, be creative yet able to work within Council frameworks, be well organised and detail-focussed, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will be passionate about events and festivals and be ahead of trends in their concepts, benchmarking against interstate and international events.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Demonstrated experience in fashion runway development, production and delivery and an understanding of the fashion industry.
- Proven project management skills including the ability to provide input into the planning process, manage project plans and manage budgets.
- Experience in a senior supporting role within a large event team and a proven ability to understand complex reporting lines and manage competing demands.
- Understanding of operational and risk management issues relating to major events.
- Experience coordinating multiple event components in both a business and community event environment.
- Understanding of programming structures and requirements within events.
- Demonstrated understanding of or experience with marketing, ticketing, sponsorship and PR/media requirements within events.
- Skills in event administration including preparation of event plans, reports, correspondence, papers, database management and general office duties.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply for the position via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Fiona Twist, Premier Events Manager, Tourism and Events
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 31 January 2021
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.