Passionate about the health & fitness industry? Love being part of a team that makes a positive difference in the community? Then this role is for you
Multi-skilled Leisure Services Officer and Duty Supervisor
- Work flexibly
- Multiple positions
- Leadership opportunity
Leisure Services Officer $30.49 per hour* / Duty Supervisor $40.98 per hour* plus 9.5% Superannuation
*The rate includes a casual loading of 25% for working unusual hours including outside normal business hours. Involves early morning, evening and weekend work. (0-76 hours per fortnight)
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
We have multiple opportunities available at North Melbourne Recreation Centre and Melbourne City Baths recreation facilities that will allow you to flex between operational and supervisory responsibilities, providing a great stepping stone into senior leadership.
To meet new regulatory requirements, we need driven and professional recreation service staff that are available on a flexible roster to work both Leisure Service Officer and Duty Supervisor shifts.
To be successful in this role, you will require the ability to adapt to unique and diverse situations, providing leadership and exercising sound judgement when required. As a Leisure Services Officer, you will be experienced in providing high standards of member service and performing a range of operational duties that contribute to the daily operations of our fitness and aquatic facilities. As a Duty Supervisor, you will be the first escalation point for complex or sensitive member matters, identify and manage operational risks, and guide operational staff in carrying out their duties.
You will be someone who loves interacting with the public, wanting to show off our stunning facility, and passionate about living a healthy lifestyle. You will be natural at delivering outstanding customer service in person, on the telephone and online 100% of the time and also have the ability and willingness to sell a high quality health and fitness experiences to prospective members. We are looking for a dedicated individual to take on this role, who will live and breathe the work that we do for our community, and see yourself kick-starting a long-term career in the Aquatic and Recreation industry.
To be eligible for this role, you must hold the following qualifications:
- Aquatic Technical Operator (or willing to obtain within three months of appointment)
- Test pool water quality - SISSS000110
- Develop and implement pool water maintenance procedures - SISCAQU004
- Maintain aquatic facility plant and equipment - SISCAQU003
- Develop and implement aquatic facility maintenance procedures - SISCAQU005
- Identify risk and apply risk management processes - BSBRSK401
- Provide First Aid - HLTAID001 and HLTAID003
- Pool Lifeguard - SISSS00111
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff, including providing instruction and supervision without direct reporting lines.
- Ability to provide clear direction and support for service area managers and their teams to ensure consistency and efficiency of service delivery
- Understanding of OHS / risk management and hazard identification and elimination
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Safer Public Pools Code of Practice and the Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation
- Current Working With Children Check (WWCC) - employee
Additional desirable skills and qualifications:
- HSR initial OHS training course (5 day) Certificate IV in Work Place Training & Assessment
- AustSwim Certificate or equivalent
- Certificate 3 and 4 in Fitness
- Conflict Resolution Training
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Cassandra Mond, Operations Manager
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 24 March 2021
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.