$106,988 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As a member of the Risk Management Team the Audit and Compliance Specialist is required to develop policy, service levels and standards in regard to the Internal Audit service provision across the organisation. As the Audit and Compliance Specialist you will manage the internal audit contract and be responsible for overseeing a third party to ensure audit preparation, audit coordination and ensuring successful audit outcomes with all key stakeholders. You will also assist with personally undertaking a number of additional internal compliance audits/reviews of work area systems, processes, and controls and providing appropriate recommendations. You will monitor and report on key findings and the implementation of all audit recommendations.
You will provide support to the Audit and Risk Committee, which will include managing the five Committee meetings per year, coordinating the delivery of the Annual Work Plan, following up matters, collating Committee meeting papers before each meeting and providing a secretarial role to the Committee in conjunction with the Chair.
This is a strategic and highly cross-functional role allowing interaction with all aspects of the organisation. You will contribute to the corporate risk management program and be an advocate for risk management across the organisation. You will assist with the alignment between risk management and the audit program at City of Melbourne. This includes assisting other work areas with risk assessments and providing relevant risk management advice.
We are looking for a motivated individual with great communication skills coupled with the willingness to multi-task, strong working relationships, experience in contract coordination and flexibility in finding solutions to solve issues.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is essential. (For example a business related degree such as Business Management or Accounting).
- Relevant experience such as management and performance auditing and excellent contemporary understanding of audit 'best practice', including audit principles and techniques is essential.
- Relevant experience with Audit and Risk Committee meetings, including secretariat duties is preferred.
- A background in risk management is preferred.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and communication skills particularly in the provision of professional advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound conceptual and analytical thinking capability and ability to devise recommendations to resolve issues and progress organisational goals.
- High level writing skills and ability to prepare clear and concise strategy documents, policies, reports and recommendations.
- Well developed skills in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in order to deliver operational and project commitments at a high standard.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
How to apply…
Please apply via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Dale Ashley, Coordinator Risk Management
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 17 March 2021
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.