Lead the Technology and Digital Innovation transformation to a customer-led, platform and adaptive ways of working approach
Senior Officer Contract up until 27 May 2022
Salary commencing from $166,050 Total Employment Package
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Our Technology and Digital Innovation (TDI) Branch is currently on an exciting customer-led journey to move to a “platform and adoptive ways of working” approach and transform its operating model. This new way of working is to support City of Melbourne (CoM) realise the full value of its technology assets, deliver modern digital tools for our staff and community, empower staff and community to make evidence-based decisions, and prepare CoM and Melbourne to benefit from digital disruption.
As the Head of TDI Transformation and a member of the TDI Leadership Team, you will lead the transition of our branch and business partners to a customer-led, platform + adaptive ways-of-working approach. Drawing on your extensive experience in leading technology-enabled transformations, you will work with your team to establish scalable methodologies and tools and coach TDI staff and partners in the new ways-of-working. Your success will be measured by improvements in customer advocacy, staff advocacy and delivery efficiency. . You will demonstrate strong leadership in driving CoM’s aspiration towards becoming both a leading city and a leading organisation whilst strongly influencing stakeholders, teams and initiatives across the organisation and our community.
You will empower CoM leaders to use technology platforms to inform decisions and enable CoM to reach its full potential as a data-centric and technologically minded organisation, and work across TDI and the business to ensure technology initiatives are aligned with, and support, CoM objectives and those of the wider community.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Tertiary qualification and/or significant experience and proven achievement in business, computer science or information technology as well as a certification in program delivery e.g. Agile.
- Proven ability to drive, design and implement contemporary ICT operating model changes and initiatives within the public sector and technology environments whilst balancing regulatory compliance requirements.
- Substantial experience in agile project management, including knowledge and practical understanding of various agile frameworks and methods, and ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team, including external consultants and contractors in a dynamic and political environment ensuring high level performance.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders with a broad range of expectations and client needs which are often of a competing nature within an environment of change.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply for this position via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Michelle Fitzgerald, Director Technology and Digital Innovation.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 18 April 2021.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.