Senior Team Leader - Early Years Hub - [Archived Advertisement]
Knox City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Knox City Council aspires to be an organisation which is values based, empowers leaders, enables people to make a difference and has a culture of learning and high performance. Council believes that the values, attributes and skills that each staff member brings to the organisation underpin its culture, and will ultimately result in the achievement of Council’s Vision.
About the Early Years Hubs
The Early Years Hubs (expected to open in early 2019) are purpose-built facilities where practitioners work in a multi-agency way with a focus on providing high quality integrated early years services in the community, supporting families and nurturing the learning and development of children.
Two exciting new leadership & change management opportunities
The two Senior Team Leader roles will lead an engaged, multidisciplinary and collaborative team in delivering contemporary, high quality, child and family focused integrated early years services from two Early Years Hub settings.
This is a true opportunity to be part of an exciting new beginning for our team from the very start. Upon commencement, the roles of Senior Team Leader - Integrated Early Years Hubs will work together to successfully lead and support the work of transitioning existing early years services to the new hub locations expected to open in early 2019.
Once established, the Senior Team Leader will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Hub, building and leading a team who will have a reputation as being leaders in their field, driving service innovation and efficiencies whilst meeting funding agreements and relevant legislative requirements.
To be successful in this role, the Senior Team Leader will require:
- Demonstrated skill and capacity in leading a large multidisciplinary team to deliver high quality, evidence-based, integrated and collaborative approaches within early childhood settings.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage and connect with families and community to build and support collaborative partnerships between Council, staff, families and children accessing and participating in services delivered from the early years hubs setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a complex fast-paced environment with competing priorities whilst managing time and tasks effectively with appropriate attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in effective and positive change management.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of early years and family support services (including licensed services such as preschool and long day care).
The successful applicant will be an active part of Knox City Council’s Family & Children’s Services leadership team.
For further information, please see the position description, which includes the Selection Criteria required for your application, or contact Angela Morcos, Coordinator Strategy, Planning and Evaluation, on 03 9298 8462.
Applicants for this role must submit a cover letter, resume and a response to the selection criteria as outlined in the position description. Applications close at 11.45 pm AEST on Monday 13 August 2018.
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces child safety, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Aug 2018
- VIC - Wantirna South
- Work Type:
- Full Time